"Original" effect breaks iPads

9 Jahre 1 Woche her #704 von sixdeuces
First, let me say this is a really sharp module, and I really like it.

However, you may want to check into the "Original" effect when used on iPads. I have had several users complain, and I have been able to confirm, that when using this effect sites quickly become unusable and eventually crash the iPad altogether.

First the page began to stutter, then safari completely crashed. I couldn't even minimize it to exit, had to force-reboot the device.

Seems OK using simpler effects.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

9 Jahre 1 Woche her #705 von Maike
Hi sixdeuces,

thank you for liking our background slider module.

We are aware of the performance problems on apple mobile devices when using the original CSS3 only effect, this is why we rebuilt this effect with a JavaScript based one (Original - JS based).
We also recommend not using the original CSS3 effect for apple mobile devices (please see the manual), especially with a lot of images to slide. The image size of course also impacts performance.

The reason for this is that this kind of CSS3 animation must be done separately for every single image which can overwhelm mobile devices, and the more images you want to slide, the more computing power is needed (i.e. 2 images - 2 animations, 10 images - 10 animations, etc).
The JS based animation is performed only during transition of one image to the next, whereas the CSS3 animation must be done all the time.

So if you have a lot of users with apple mobile devices, you should not use the CSS3 only effect, instead use the rebuilt one (Original - JS based), or one of the other new JS based effects.

I hope this makes things a bit clearer.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.