× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, discribe us as detailed as possible, what do not work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

Textfield cutting off

10 years 11 months ago #381 by marcrausch
Hi, I have a form that I having a problem with.For some reason the textfields are being cut off and are also not changing at all when I change the width of the field. I have made the background in the -- top left container in maint container -- red to try and see if could isolate where the problem is. I have attached a pic and the css file I am using, any advise on where I should be looking to try and fix the problem?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #382 by Maike
Replied by Maike on topic Textfield cutting off
Hi marcrausch,

this sounds like some CSS definition overrides the width of your textfield (the width you entered in the backend - CSS definitions always override HTML attributes). This definition might as well be in your templates' CSS file, or even in a CSS file from another extension.
The best way to find out which definition overrides your textfields is to use a tool like Firebug (on Firefox), or the built-in tools in IE or Chrome. Usually, you can use these development tools by pressing F12.

Alternatively, you can try setting the width of your fields in the class .efzeilerechts input , this class should be on line 28 in the file you attached.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

10 years 5 months ago #554 by juri
Replied by juri on topic Textfield cutting off
Hallo,

ich habe leider das gleiche Problem. Eine Änderung im Bereich '.efzeilerechts input' der extroforms.css hat leider keine Auswirkung. Im Bereich '.efzeilerechts textarea' bringt der Eintrag 'width: 90%;' den gewünschten Erfolg. Welche Möglichkeiten habe ich noch um das Eingabefeld am rechten Rand sauber abzuschließen?
Vielen Dank.
Richard

Moderators: forumsupport